TJ Ryan Foundation Executive Director Roger Scott reports on the UK newspapers, finding uncanny similarities between Queensland and the UK’s political spin and drive to the bottom – with overtones of ‘economic rationalism’. Yet there are interesting differences.
- London Report 1 London newspapers full of dismal echoes of Brisbane » – PDF (75K)
- London Report 2 Poverty, inequality and education -‐ are we catching the British disease? » – PDF (90K)
- London Report 3 The evil of strong leadership. Are Queenslanders tsarist? » – PDF (74K)
- London Report 4 Foreigners and Politics – the British experience and elections » – PDF (83K)
- London Report 5 Rise of the mavericks – how Britain differs from Queensland » – PDF (70K)