On 30 October 2015 Commissioner Michael Byrne QC handed down the 600-page report of his inquiry into organised crime in Queensland, and the impact of the former government’s ‘bikie crackdown’.
The inquiry found that ‘in the period of October 2013 to 30 June 2015, a period of intense law enforcement focus on outlaw motorcycle gangs and their members and associates, members of such gangs only accounted for 0.52 per cent of persons charged with criminal offences throughout Queensland.’
The report covers the following:
- Chapter 2 – Outlaw motorcycle gangs
- Chapter 3 – The illicit drug market
- Chapter 4 – Online child sexual offending and child exploitation material
- Chapter 5 – Financial crimes
- Chapter 6 – Money laundering
- Chapter 7 – Corruption
- Chapter 8 – An organised crime specific offence/proceeds of crime
The full report can be found through the link below.