RBH accreditation could be at risk?
Cameron Atfield reports in the Brisbane Times (4.12.14) that ‘the Metro North Hospital and Health Service has dodged questions surrounding the training accreditation of its flagship facility after it was audited this week. Fairfax Media has been told the Royal Brisbane and Women’s Hospital is in danger of losing its gynaecology and obstetrics training accreditation after it failed to meet certain prescribed standards. The MNHHS was asked five questions about 12.20pm on Wednesday regarding the rumour. It was asked:
- whether its Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists accreditation was at risk
- what issues had been identified by the RANZCOG accreditation team and what had been done to address those issues
- whether the RBWH had been given any deadlines to address certain issues and, if so, what those issues were
- whether accreditation had been given for 2015
- what a lack of accreditation would mean for the RBWH and the training registrars in 2015.